Many Singaporeans are particular about losing weight but there are others who are looking for the opposite. It is safe to say that not all people here in Singapore are seeking to lose weight. There are others who will do anything just to gain some weight for health purposes. If you have this kind of dilemma, you have come to the right place.
You have to make sure that you gain weight the healthy way. It is true that you can gain weight easily by simply eating fries and drinking soda all day but then your body will surely suffer the costs of poor diet. If you want to be safe and sure, you can always hire nutritionists. These people can help you with your food choices. Here are foods your nutritionist would likely to recommend:
- Potatoes: People who are trying to lose weight cut back carbohydrates. So, the first thing that you should do is add carbohydrates. The key here is to choose carbs that have more nutritional value. Potatoes are great choice because they are overloaded with the things that you need to put on some weight like fibre, protein and vitamin C.
- Lean red meat: You will surely enjoy lean read meats when you are trying to gain weight. You can have meats many times a week but be careful not to overdo it because it can cause health risks.
- Fruits: If you love tropical fruits, you will be glad to know that it can help you in gaining weight. You have to eat bananas, mangoes, papayas and pineapples. These fruits are full of sugars which will help you gain weight. You can blend it if you want or eat it raw.
- Whole wheat bread: You can start with eating whole wheat bread if you really want to gain some weight. You have to be sure though that you are eating healthy breads. The best bread is the whole grains. As much as possible, avoid white breads. Whole grain contains fibre and other minerals that can help you.
- Cheese: Cheese is a favourite of many because it can go with almost any dish. Cheese contains high in fats which is better for people who are trying to gain weight. The good thing about cheese is that it comes with delicious flavours so you can pair it with anything.
There you go. These foods can be found easily so you do not have excuses not to consider it. The most important thing here is to be serious about this. You have to be firm when you want this for it to be successful.
Many people don’t have time to take care to themselves because they are so many things that hinder them. One is work. Most people concentrate on their work and ignore the times that they have to rest. They choose to get busy for the reason that they need to earn more for a living. Lots of people say that choosing to work rather than rest is a very practical deed.
However, it will give complications to your physique and in the relationship between your friends and most importantly the most valuable and treasured people in your life – your family. Rest is very important to achieve happiness and happiness can be obtained when you perform the things accurately and properly. Rest doesn’t only occur in the physical body as it also targets your emotional mind.
Learn how to meditate and practice meditation. One reason to deter you from being happy is stress. One way to prevent stress is to look at the positive side of everything and always delete negative things so that you can move on or move well. However, there are times that you still need to accept negativity so that you will learn what the correct things to do are.
Stress is an emotional problem that cannot be cured by medicines. It needs rest and sleep. Meditation is also one way to stay happy. If you do meditation every day, you will be more focused with your life, you will have a clear mind and you are calmer. It literally clears your mind and gives a soothing experience to your body.
Giving an appreciation to a person is one way to express love. You may or may not have the intention to do it but the fact that you show your gratitude to someone is something very important. There are a lot of times that individuals disregard saying a simple “Thank You” to an individual who helped them.
It is a wrong reason to say that it is just an attitude to never state this ordinary yet touching phrase. Many individuals also utter this expression but without feelings. They do it just because they are used to saying it. It’s just a word that comes from their mouth because they have been making it for several times.
Always say “Thank You”. Whatever happens, even if it is worst, do not forget to say “Thank You.” You may become a fool by doing this. But it is also for your own good. You will be less stressed and you can concentrate more on what’s important. For instance, you plan for the evening is done and then the rain came in.
The first thing you are going to say is “What a bad weather!” Instead of saying this, thank the rain for coming in and watering all your plants and leaving no dust in the road. No, you don’t act like a fool because you are having fun with yourself, which is less stressful and will make your day positive. In general, stay happy by saying the magic word.
In today’s modern world, being a journalist is not anymore famous and is being disregarded due to the modern devices that are invented and are continuously improved. On the other hand, this is not a problem for some experienced and professional journalists because they can still go with the flow of the new technologies that are being discovered by the great inventors today.
But because of these discoveries, there is a wider scope of information that is gathered. However, this doesn’t mean that it is easier to get some info; it only quick and it is still hard to find information most especially if it is not accessible to the public. While being in the journalism field is not easy; it is more difficult when you want to be a journalist. Below are some of the qualifications to be a journalist:
- Creative Mind – Most of the time, there is a need to be creative and resourceful because in this kind of career anything could happen in a rapid motion. He needs to acquire a talented mind t be able to construct articles in a fast manner.
- Character – This is very important in this kind of profession because you are facing different individual with different professions. They maybe famous celebrities or they might be high ranking officials in different organizations.
- Formal Education – Once an individual has finished a liberal education, it is assumed that he is knowledgeable about the ethics, the rules and the regulations of being a journalist.
There are many challenging opportunities an individual can get after completing course in journalism. Most of the jobs are in the field of writing. However, they can be newscasters, radio announcers and advertising specialist. They can also be proofreaders, reporter and more. Here are some organizations that you might belong once you have finished a degree or at least earn subjects in Journalism:
- Newspaper agencies – Here, your primary task is to write articles which are related to entertainment, sports, agriculture, foreign and local news, technologies and many more. You may also become an editor-in-chief, copy reader and reporter in this organization.
- Magazine Companies – Your job here will be the same as a worker on newspaper agencies. However, your main work here is to research deeply to produce factual feature stories.
- Business Press – Normally, you can see here business articles and is a little bit complicated. On the other hand, aside from being a business in this particular firm, you can also be a researcher and a staff for promotions.
- Advertising agencies- Here, you can be public relations personnel. Also, you can lead promotion projects and account executives.
- Radio and TV networks – Today, there is really a big need for writers in these organizations. These include gags or comedy writers, jingle writers, scriptwriters for radio drama and TV series. Aside from being writer, they can also be a researcher and editor for a particular sitcom or TV series.
It is not every day that international meetings happen in a specific country. Here in Singapore, holding international meetings is not new. In fact, the Singapore Tourism happily revealed that for seven consecutive years, the city is considered to be the Top International Meeting City. As if it is not enough, Singapore is also considered as the Top International Meeting Country for three consecutive years.
What does this tell us? This tells us that Singapore passed the criteria stipulated by Union of International Associations (UIA). One of the criteria is that meetings should be supported by international organizations. For your information, UIA is mandated by the United Nations. Headquarter is in Brussels, Belgium. It was founded by Henri La Fontaine (a Nobel Peace Prize laureate) and Paul Otlet.
If you want to know other countries that are included in UIA’s 2012 list of Top International meeting countries, you can refer to the list provided below:
- Japan: In Japan, there were about seven hundred thirty one international meetings conducted by the end of 2012. Japan’s percentage of all meetings is 7.3%.
- USA: In USA, there were about six hundred fifty eight international meetings conducted by the end of 2012. USA’s percentage of all meetings is 6.6%.
- Belgium: In Belgium, there were about five hundred ninety seven international meetings conducted by the end of 2012. Belgium’s percentage of all meetings is 6%.
- Republic of Korea: In Korea, there were about five hundred sixty three international meetings conducted by the end of 2012. Korea’s percentage of all meetings is 5.6%.
- France: In France, there were about four hundred ninety four international meetings conducted by the end of 2012. France’s percentage of all meetings is 4.9%.
- Austria: In Austria, there were about four hundred fifty eight international meetings conducted by the end of 2012. Austria’s percentage of all meetings is 4.6%.
- Spain: In Spain, there were about four hundred forty nine international meetings conducted by the end of 2012. Spain’s percentage of all meetings is 4.5%.
- Germany: In Germany, there were about three hundred seventy three international meetings conducted by the end of 2012. Germany’s percentage of all meetings is 3.7%.
- Australia: In Australia, there were about two hundred eighty seven international meetings conducted by the end of 2012. Australia’s percentage of all meetings is 2.9%.
Singapore is the trusted venue for international meetings. In Singapore, there were nine hundred fifty two international meetings conducted by the end of 2012. The country’s percentage of all meetings is 9.5%. We should keep it that way and continue to be number one for the years to come.
For Singaporeans who do not want to spend hundreds of dollars for high-tech stereos, there is a new system that seeks to impress. The product is called Gramofon. Gramofon is manufactured by a Spanish Wi-Fi operator, Fon. It is part Wi-Fi router and music streamer. This is indeed the first of its kind.
Many people are excited because they can play music from any service (like Spotify, Hype Machine, Beats Music and Rhapsody). The best thing about this is that your friends can connect to your network. If you want to know more, here are some details:
- Technical specifications of Gramofon: The specs of Gramofon includes 3.14 by 3.14 by 1.65 inches in width, WiFi is at 802.11 b/g/n with Qualcomm Atheros AR341. It also features WPS, Bridge, AP/Hotspot is mode supported. The package includes 3.5mm audio cable and 5V/1A charger.
- How it works: Getting this thing work is not a daunting task. You only need to connect your Gramofon to your present sound system or any speakers you want. The next thing that you should do is connect Gramofon to the internet through the Ethernet. It does not end there for you can connect your smartphones (Android or iPhone) to the WiFi signal. If you receive any messages, the music will not be interrupted.
- Connecting to Gramofon: As mentioned earlier, you can use your present speakers or amplifiers (as long as it has an audio jack) to play music but you cannot connect your speakers wirelessly. You need that 3.5mm audio jack provided upon purchase.
- Downloading an app: You should know that using Gramofon would require you to download an application. Gramofon can be controlled by downloading Gramofon’s application. If you have Spotify app, that would do just fine.
- Friends and Gromofon: Your friends can connect to your Gramofon by choosing the WiFi signal emitted from your device. They only need to see GramofonWiFi. They simply need to launch a browser and they will land on the login page. In logging in, they only need to use their Fon, Facebook or Google credentials. If they are your friends on Facebook or Google, they can access the Gramofon automatically.
Gramofon is not yet available here in Singapore though. The company is planning to launch Gramofon next month. This is worth the wait. This will entirely change how you stream your music. Remember that Gramofon is not a sound system. There are no speakers included. The Gramofon’s job is to only enable your present sound system to play online music.
The hair is every person’s crowning glory. The state of the hair can add or subtract beauty to its beholder. Because of this, no matter how long or short one’s hair is, or no matter how curly, straight or wavy one’s hair is—it is something that needs attention and care.
To maintain a healthy hair, one must regularly wash and clean it using shampoo and hair conditioner. It is a healthy habit to wash the hair three to four times a week and having breaks in between for the hair to rejuvenate its natural oils. Massaging the scalp where the roots of the hair are in is also a good practice in making the hair healthy.
After making sure that you have a clean hair, picking the right brush for your hair is the next step. There are particular brushes for every type of hair. If you have a wavy and curly hair, it is better to use wide toothed combs or brushes. Meanwhile, if you have a straight hair, it is better to have narrow tooth combs to make sure that all the strands of the hair are combed.
Internal efforts like taking in foods which are good for the hair will surly help in making the hair healthy. Fish oil like those coming from tuna, mackerel and those fish with high omega3 fatty acids are all prescribed. Eating lots of fruits and green leafy vegetables are also beneficial for the hair.
One of the worse skin problems one can suffer is acne. Acne is a worse case of pimple. It is much bigger than ordinary pimples, and it can produce pus because it is infected by bacteria. What makes acne worse is that they appear in the face, at the back or sometimes, in other parts of the skin. Outbreak may also occur in particular times. Nonetheless, acne remedies can be easily done at home, so management of it is also easy.
Start by making sure that your face is always clean. Bacteria propagate in dirty and oily skin. Wash your face at least thrice a day with cold water. Cold water will help in closing the pores of the skin which secretes oil and which can also be a passageway of dirt. Aside from this, you can also squeeze lemon on the rising water you are using. Lemons are known to have antibacterial capacity which will help in reducing bacteria production in your skin.
At night before you sleep, apply honey in your face especially to the acne itself. Honey will help in reducing the inflammation of the acne as well as in the fast healing of open wounds created by acne. Baking soda and peppermint combination are also effective. Baking soda has antibacterial capacity; more than this, baking soda is very neutral making irritations less possible. The peppermint extract or fresh peppermint leaves can be placed on the acne. The coolness these leaves will produce will help ease acne irritation.
Looking for hot recipes that will make you sweat? Chili crab in Singapore is perfect for you! With its mouth-watering and delectable taste, it’ll surely satisfy your chili cravings. At the heart of Singapore, there are a lot of restaurants, food stalls and other food establishments that serves different variety of foods.
When it comes to seafood, some of the best places to visit include the Long Beach Seafood, No Signboard Seafood Restaurant and the Jumbo Seafood. Also, exceptional seafood locations are found at the Palm Beach Seafood which is located at One Fullerton, Long Beach Seafood that is situated in Dempsey and the Singapore Seafood Republic at the famous Sentosa Resorts World.
Chili crab is specially made for people who love a hot recipe. However, it is not only for chili lovers but also for ordinary food lovers. It is a food that is made up of a sweet, sumptuous and aromatic sauce – chili as the base. Tomato sauces are also added to surprise your appetite and satisfy your chili food craving.
What’s more interesting about this dish is that its sauce is also added with garlic and vinegar that is properly mixed to the flour. In a simple procedure, flour must be thickened so that it will achieve a chili taste and a fluffy texture. To add extra kick, you can pair it with some toasted buns or locally known as mantouo. Dip it into its sauce and it will leave you a spicy taste that you may or may not regret.
Carrot cakes are one of the favorite dishes of vegetarians. In fact, it has been made as a substitute for ordinary cakes. Since many people today are consuming sweets, vegetarians make it as an alternative. In Singapore, many individuals love to taste this appetizing dessert. Carrot cake, which we locally call chai tow kueh, is one of the oldest food made in the country. Aside from the carrot as its main ingredient, it also consists of rice flour (steamed and in cubes), as well as white radish for an attractive texture.
This old-fashioned recipe, popularized by the Teochews, also has fried egg on it and topped with onions. It is served in black or white in color. Typically, a white carrot cake is only a plain serving while a black-colored carrot cake is mixed with a sweet black sauce. Therefore is it a great meal for those who are craving with sweets. In the city, there are a lot of restaurants that serves carrot cake.
This includes the Makansutra Gluttons Bay that can be found near the Newton Food Centre and Esplanade Theatre, Hai Tien Lo restaurant – serving fried carrot cake that is usually made from fresh radish, preserved sausage and shrimp – and many restaurants. Since the preparation of carrot cake is very simple for some individuals, many people find the preparation of the cake daunting. In reality, this sweet can be easily done especially if you are dedicated to prepare it.
Flowers give us a sense of happiness when we see it. The recent dry spell here in Singapore halted the blooming of flowers but the rain showered the land with blessings. People now see the beauty of flowers surrounding Singapore. It is indeed a nice sight to marvel. Flowers should be considered because of its beauty.
Many people here in Singapore wish that they can have a garden but that takes a lot of space. If you want to witness the beauty of flowers, you should go to parks and other nature reserves. The good news is that you can easily marvel over flowers in full bloom this season because they are just around the corner. There are variety of trees (including other plants) that you can consider. Here are some flowers and trees in full bloom now:
- The Trumpet Tree: Trumpet trees belong to the Bignoniaceae family. Its common name is roble. Trumpet trees can grow up to 25 metres. It is broad and pointed. It is called trumpet tree because of its trumpet-shaped blossoms. The blossoms can either be pink or white. Trumpet trees are found in North Buona Vista Road and Robertson Quay.
- Golden Penda: Golden Penda belongs to the Myrtaceae family. It is a popular plant that shows off its yellow blooms. Golden Penda can grow up to 15 metres. It is famous for its golden-coloured blossoms. Golden Pendas are found along Braddell Road.
- Golden Shower Tree: Golden shower trees belong to the Fabaceae family. Golden shower tree is famous because it can either be an ornamental plant or herbal medicine. Golden shower tree can grow up to 20 metres. Golden shower trees are found in Geylang and Guilemard Road.
- Flame Tree: Flame trees belong to Fabaceaa family. It can grow up to 25 metres. The flowers are yellow. Flame tree is an ornamental tree and its wood can be used for cabinet-making and other furniture. Flame trees are found in Commonwealth Avenue West, Kallang Road and Jurong West Street.
- Cat Claw Ivy: Cat Claw Ivy belongs to Bignoniaceae family. It can grow up to 25 feet. It is a clinging or a climbing vine. Its flowers are bright yellow that are funnel-shaped. Cat Claw Ivies are found in Holland and Havelock Road.
You can spread the joy of flowers by sharing your photographs. The National Parks Board are encouraging Singaporeans and visitors to share their picture and join in the competition. You can simply tag your photos in Facebook or Instagram using #sgblooms. The competitions will be until April 30, 2014. What are you waiting for? You should send your entries now.
It is bothering and annoying if the scalp is itchy. If you have itchy scalps, it is also distracting. You tried all the shampoos and treatments available in the market but to no avail. You should not look further because remedies for itchy scalps are in your home. You only need to look more closely.
The trick is to find a remedy that can help soothe and calm the scalp. If you are looking for ways to relieve your scalps from the itch, you should read more. At the end of the article, you will discover many remedies that you can try in your home. These remedies are not that expensive unlike commercial ones.
What are you waiting for? Here are some remedies you can try:
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can also do the trick. You only need to mix one-fourth cup of apple cider vinegar and one-fourth cup of water. Use a spray bottle and just spritz it to your hair then massage it. After few minutes, you can rinse it.
- Lemon juice: If you are looking for domestic products that are really not expensive, you should consider lemon juice. You only need to massage fresh lemon juice unto the scalp. After few minutes, you can rinse it.
- Tea tree oil: Tee tree oil is known to be a universal ingredient for flaky and dry scalps. You only need to mix tea tree oil in your shampoo and use it. If you want to relieve the itch, you can massage the tea tree oil (combined with vegetable oil).
- Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil is a great reliever. It can relieve an itchy and dry scalp. Jojoba is natural oil that can rejuvenate and hydrate your scalps. You only need to massage your scalp using jojoba oil. After that, you can rinse it. Make sure to repeat the procedure at least once a week.
- Aloe vera: If you have aloe vera plant in your backyard, this is the time that you utilize it. Cut open the leaf, you will see a gel-like substance. You can apply it directly to your scalp and rinse it after thirty minutes.
That’s it. If you tried everything but the itchiness is still there, it is time that you consult your dermatologist. Sometimes, you need professional help. If your problem continues to persist, maybe there is something wrong with your skin. Your doctors will surely recommend things that might work for you.
There are many dermatologists here in Singapore. If you need one, you can easily find one and consult. Singaporeans should not let itchy scalp be the reason for their uncomfortable feelings.
Simple brushing and flossing are the most common ways to maintain the teeth. Also, using of toothpaste for the dentition is helpful but it is not enough and in fact, it may induce harm to our teeth. Because of that, many people find other ways to maintain the beauty of their teeth. Here are some odd ways that your dentist won’t tell you.
- Using Xylitol: Xylitol is a natural substitute to sugar. Also, it protects our dentition by eliminating bacteria like Streptococcus and other germs that is inside the mouth. And what’s even better? It keeps our breath fresh and prevents plaques from multiplying.
- Using charcoal: Sounds crazy, right? Charcoal is one thing that gets the stain and toxin from the teeth. Obviously, after using charcoal, our mouth will become black but it is not permanent. Making charcoal as a teeth whitener is better than having an expensive and dangerous teeth bleaching. Note: Do not use the regular charcoal that you are using for grilling. However, you can use the activated charcoal that is available in capsules.
- Using coconut oil: We all know for a fact that we can get many benefits from coconut. One is coconut oil – coconut oil kills bacteria (particularly Candida which can cause gum swelling, tooth decay and more) in a natural way. Important reminder: Do not ingest the oil.
- Vitamin D Intake: Sunlight is one source of vitamin D but it doesn’t mean that you are going to put yourself under the heat of the sun just to have a healthy teeth. Actually, there are many foods that have vitamin D like eggs, salmons, mushrooms and many more.
When we go to the beach, we are expecting to have a stress free and blissful beach vacation. However, if you are in a beach that is crowded with people, then do not expect that bad things will become better. The only way to enjoy your beach holiday is to get rid of these 5 annoying situations, things and people.
- Defecating in the Water – The most simple rule is to not pee in the water. But why there are some people who are shitting in the ocean. Probably, these are people who lack good manners. Always remember that you do not own the beach.
- Deafening Music –There are beach parties that happen on beach. And whether you like it or not, there will always be a loud music associated with it. Even when you are inside the hotel, you will hear those blaring music which most of the time disturbing.
- Cats and Dogs – Many beach resorts allow pets like dogs and cats. Since they are animals, it would be very hard for them to find their own bathroom and go pee or poop. Also, they can be distracting because they sometimes barking without any reason at all.
- Rubbish – After the party or whatsoever, you will notice some large volume of trash in the seashore. Most of the time, people give the excuse that garbage cans is full making them throw their rubbish anywhere. In reality, there is really no excuse in throwing your garbage. In fact, you can put it in your pocket but if it’s too large just call the attention of the resort personnel and let him send the garbage to an appropriate place.