Women experience more pronounced changes when they reach 40s and 50s. Some women experience it as early as 30. This is the reason why hormonal imbalance is often associated with women and menopause. It is time that we know the indications of hormonal imbalance:
- Persistent weight gain: Putting on weight is lifestyle but it does not end there. Women who have underlying hormonal imbalance make it difficult to maintain healthy weight. The most common issue is emerging insulin resistance.
- Loss of muscle mass: When the endocrine system is stressed, there will be underproduction of specific hormones and overproduction of cortisol. This will result to loss of muscle mass and increase belly fat.
- Fatigue: Fatigue will make it hard to be productive. The feeling of sluggishness is not normal but for women with hormonal imbalance, fatigueless changes everything. The trick here is to stabilize blood sugar.
- Anxiety: They say that women with hormonal imbalance suffer from anxiety eventually leading to irritability and depression. Unfortunately, you do not need drugs for this. It is time that you notice the body’s changes and take actions before it will become serious.
- Poor sleeping patterns: Insomnia is not a good thing especially if you feel fatigued all the time. Hormonal imbalance will affect your sleeping patterns and the stress will come instantly.
- Sweating: Hot flashes and night sweat are common but when it wakes you up at night, it is a sign that something is wrong. When this happen, do not indulge in hormone replacement therapy.
- Cravings: You ate more than you should have but still crave for something. This will surely lead you to weight gain. Reasons behind this include insulin resistance and adrenal fatigue.
For more information and details about hormonal change, there are many specialists here in Singapore.