One common problem for women here in Singapore is chapped or dry lips. Most people may think that this is okay but for women it can be unattractive not to mention painful. Symptoms include redness, dryness, flaking, sore and tender and cracking. Chapped lips can be a symptom of an underlying illness like vitamin deficiency, dehydration ad allergic reaction.
The good news here is that there are many products available in the market these days that can help us treat chapped lips. However, it can cost you. If you want to save money and can personally look into the treatments, here are some home remedies to restore the lip’s former glory:
- Sugar: To treat chapped lips, the first thing that you should know is to exfoliate dead cells. Exfoliating it first can help restore its softness sooner. Sugar can be of great help. You only need two teaspoons of sugar and one teaspoon of honey. Mix it together and then apply the paste unto the lips. Let the paste sit there for few minutes. After few minutes, gently rub the mixture using fingers. This is done to loosen the present dead skin cells. After rubbing, you can wash it.
- Rose petals: Do you have a rose garden or rose plant? It can be useful. Roses can moisturize the lips plus it can enhance the lip’s color. The first thing that you should do is to wash rose petals. Soak it in milk for hours and then mash until it becomes paste. The paste can now be applied on your dry lips. If it is not too much a bother, apply it for at least thrice a day and do not forget to apply before going to bed.
- Castor oil: One good treatment is castor oil. This is the simplest thing since you do not need to make something out of it. You just need to apply the oil to your lips as often as you want.
- Coconut oil: Like castor oil, you can apply it purely to your chapped or dry lips caused by cold or dry weather. If coconut oil is not available, olive oil will do.
- Milk cream: Milk cream contains high fat which is an excellent lip moisturizer. You only need to put the fresh milk cream directly unto your lips. It can also help the lip heal faster.
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera gel is common for its healing qualities. Putting gel on the lips every day can relieve the pain and heal it. Yes, it has unpleasant taste but do not mind it. The healing quality is surely worth it.
- Petroleum jelly: If you are too lazy to mix something, you can buy petroleum jelly and it is not that expensive either. It is one of the most effective items for treating dry lips. You only need to apply some several times a day.
- Water: The most natural thing that you can do is to drink lots of water. Dehydration may be the reason that is causing your lips to dry. Keep your body well hydrated and you will not endure dry lips.