When we work, we just think of surviving but we do not consider thriving. We have to be healthy so we can thrive and live comfortably in the future. Being healthy when working is hard because of different habits like sleep debt, overtime, being stagnant and drinking too much coffee. We have to make sure that these habits do not take a toll on our health before it is too late.
What are the healthy habits for working people? Here are the list and hopefully it can help us be more aware of our actions:
- Keep hydrated: Experts are serious when they say that we need to hydrate and drink at least six to eight glasses a day. We lose water all the time and water is important in the body. The best thing to do is have a cup or bottle by our side all the time. During our afternoon breaks, we can simply consider tea but never soda.
- Keep sanitary: In the office, there are many places where germs and bacteria lurk. Our best defence is to carry a bottle of sanitizer all the time. If we want, we can consider alcohol and put it by our side all the time.
- Keep your proper posture: If we are on the field all the time, we will not worry about our posture but if we sit next to the computer, we have a reason to be concerned about our posture. We need to practice good desk posture by sitting straight and having our elbows at the right angle as well as our wrists and forearms.
- Keep moving: Yes, we sit when we work but being stagnant may not be that convenient. Our body should keep moving. We need stretching for at least a few minutes from time to time. We can also execute a ten-second rotations and stretches of neck, calves, arms, feet and wrists. Resting the eyes is important as well.
- Keep away from sugar: When we eat snacks, our instinct is to look for sugary treats. Experts remind us to avoid such. Instead of sugary treats, we can consider fruits, nuts and sandwich. Our body will surely thank us when we consider healthy foods.
It is necessary that we kick the bad habits right away and acquire these healthy ones. We have to remember that it will make a difference at the end of the day. If everything is difficult at once, we can consider one healthy habit at a time.