In today’s modern world, being a journalist is not anymore famous and is being disregarded due to the modern devices that are invented and are continuously improved. On the other hand, this is not a problem for some experienced and professional journalists because they can still go with the flow of the new technologies that are being discovered by the great inventors today.
But because of these discoveries, there is a wider scope of information that is gathered. However, this doesn’t mean that it is easier to get some info; it only quick and it is still hard to find information most especially if it is not accessible to the public. While being in the journalism field is not easy; it is more difficult when you want to be a journalist. Below are some of the qualifications to be a journalist:
- Creative Mind – Most of the time, there is a need to be creative and resourceful because in this kind of career anything could happen in a rapid motion. He needs to acquire a talented mind t be able to construct articles in a fast manner.
- Character – This is very important in this kind of profession because you are facing different individual with different professions. They maybe famous celebrities or they might be high ranking officials in different organizations.
- Formal Education – Once an individual has finished a liberal education, it is assumed that he is knowledgeable about the ethics, the rules and the regulations of being a journalist.
There are many challenging opportunities an individual can get after completing course in journalism. Most of the jobs are in the field of writing. However, they can be newscasters, radio announcers and advertising specialist. They can also be proofreaders, reporter and more. Here are some organizations that you might belong once you have finished a degree or at least earn subjects in Journalism:
- Newspaper agencies – Here, your primary task is to write articles which are related to entertainment, sports, agriculture, foreign and local news, technologies and many more. You may also become an editor-in-chief, copy reader and reporter in this organization.
- Magazine Companies – Your job here will be the same as a worker on newspaper agencies. However, your main work here is to research deeply to produce factual feature stories.
- Business Press – Normally, you can see here business articles and is a little bit complicated. On the other hand, aside from being a business in this particular firm, you can also be a researcher and a staff for promotions.
- Advertising agencies- Here, you can be public relations personnel. Also, you can lead promotion projects and account executives.
- Radio and TV networks – Today, there is really a big need for writers in these organizations. These include gags or comedy writers, jingle writers, scriptwriters for radio drama and TV series. Aside from being writer, they can also be a researcher and editor for a particular sitcom or TV series.