Belly fat, medically called visceral fat, is the excess fat seen on our expanded waistlines. We acquire it through age and if we are too stubborn or lazy to shed it off our bodies, then we will have those forever in our midsection. Both men and women share the same sentiments, especially if they have accumulated a lot of belly fat. In order to say goodbye to your belly fat for good, here are ways that people in Singapore suggest you should follow:
- Try CrossFit or Interval Training. Break a sweat and enroll yourself in a CrossFit group or to an interval training program. These types of workout programs require short, intense bursts of exercise that are then followed by short rest periods. Different exercises are usually given, particularly in circuit training. The more intensely you exercise, the more calories you burn. Commit yourself in doing these and you most certainly will eliminate your belly fat.
- Drink in moderation. Too much alcohol intake will inflate your waistline. Beers are the most common alcoholic drink that causes your tummy to expand which is why there is a popular term called “beer belly”. As much as possible, limit drinking too much beer and also other alcoholic drinks into one or two servings only.
- Keep your cool and get enough sleep. Our body releases a hormone called cortisol that encourages our body to store belly fat when we are stressed out or when we lack sleep. You need to keep your cool, improve your sleeping schedule, and find ways on how to relax yourself in order to avoid these hormones from doing their work.
- Drink green tea. To shrink your belly fat, drink green tea more often. There are thousands of studies published that explain how green tea helps in weight loss and on how effective it is in burning and shedding your belly fat. So instead of drinking your favorite caffeinated drinks, switch to a healthier and more effective drink like green tea.
- Adjust to a healthy diet. A healthy diet can always help get rid of belly fat. Limit your intake of unhealthy food like sodas (yes, even the “diet” kind), junk foods and fast foods. Instead, eat the freshest fruits and vegetables you can get and cook food with the right ingredients. Change your lifestyle into a healthier one and you will forever say goodbye to those unwanted extra tummy fats like you’ve always dreamed of.