Apart from your holiday photos, there’s one more thing that’ll remind you of the amazing summer vacation you had—your tan lines. If you want to know how to get rid of those pesky lines on your arms, chest, neck, and legs, try scouring through your kitchen pantry for instant home remedies.
- Lemon Juice. As a natural exfoliant, lemon juice is perfect for getting rid of obvious tan lines, but don’t use it alone as it could potentially burn your skin. Mix it with an equal part of honey, dab onto the lines, and leave it on for 25 minutes before washing it off.
- Cucumbers. The vitamin C content and natural moisture in cucumbers is what makes it an ideal tan line treatment. Cut cucumber into thin slices, mash it until it turns into paste, and then leave it on the affected area for about 20 minutes.
- Potatoes. Just as it can help in healing burns, potatoes can also aid in eliminating tan lines. Just like cucumbers, cut up a potato into thin slices and place it on the area to be treated. Leave it on for 15 minutes and you’ll notice colour changes in your skin in an instant.
- Black Tea. If your tan line appears more like a burn line, then this treatment can be extra useful for you. All you have to do is make a cup of iced black tea, pour it into an extra spray bottle, and then spritz it to yourself after showering. Not only will this trick soothe your skin, it’ll also help in fading stark tan lines much faster.
- Aloe Vera. Products containing vitamin E or aloe Vera are also great remedies for bad tan lines. These products work by moisturizing your skin, helping it rejuvenate while promoting growth of skin cells. This way, you get to nourish your skin while getting rid of the pesky lines you got from lounging on the beach.
Getting rid of post-vacation beauty woes, such as tan lines, can be challenging especially if you don’t have the luxury of time to deal with it. Fortunately, there are natural treatments you can easily access at home and use them as instant remedy to ease away noticeable tan lines.